Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Redefining 1/8 Scale Off-Road
Engineered. Tested. Built to a higher standard. The all-new Sledge is made to exceed your expectations for quality, toughness, and fun. The rock-solid chassis, massive steel drivetrain, ferocious 6s power, and race-inspired handling leave everything else in the dust.
Engineered For 6s Power
Sledge is the only truck in this class with a properly sized, 6s-capable driveline. Bigger gears. More steel. Basically bombproof. Sledge smashes the status quo to be the new standard for extreme 6s durability.
Superior Chassis Strength
Sledge is engineered to have the strongest chassis in the class. The triangulated chassis structure integrates a deep-formed aluminum plate with a multi-point composite truss system and the patent-pending full-length T-Bar™. Built on a solid foundation, Sledge is strongest where it matters most.
New Clipless Body
Remove and replace the body in just seconds with exclusive patent-pending clipless body solutions engineered by Traxxas. Sledge’s clipless body goes on smoothly with a satisfying snap. The body is designed to come off when YOU release it.
Sledge is equipped with a high-performance metal gear servo that packs massive torque inside a heat dissipating aluminum center case. Powerful and reliable steering authority is assured with no upgrade required.
VXL-6s Power System
The Velineon VXL-6s features new hardware and new tuning specifically for the 2000kV motor. Together they deliver substantially more power under the curve for increased mid-range punch and hard-charging acceleration you can see and feel.
Premium Sledgehammer® tyres are standard equipment. No tyre upgrade required. Durable foam inserts are designed to not bunch up or break down. Patent-pending Traxxas innovation improves the tyre bonding process to reduce the chance of a blown-out bead while exploring the upper range of Sledge’s capability.
- VXL-6s Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
- 6s LiPo compatible
- Integrated cooling fan
- Real-time telemetry via Traxxas Link™
- 3-LED status indicators
- Powered accessory ports
- 10-gauge silicone wire
- Patented Traxxas High-Current Connectors
- Velineon® 2000kV Brushless Motor
- 4-pole 2000kV brushless motor
- 5mm output shaft
- Finned can for better heat dissipation
- Aluminum motor cradle mount
- Supports entire motor
- Reduces flex for longer gear life
- Up to 70+ mph with Two 3s LiPo Batteries
- Traxxas Stability Management® (TSM)
- Improves straight line acceleration and braking on low-traction surfaces
- Never dulls throttle or slows the truck
- Adjusts from off to 100% assistance from the transmitter
- TQi™ 2.4GHz High Output Radio System
- TQi™ 2-channel transmitter
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models
- Programmable multi-function knob
- Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle end points
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
- 5-channel micro receiver (#6533) with fail-safe security
- Patented waterproof receiver box with easy-access plug
- Heavy-duty steel driveshafts
- Large 8mm steel stub axles
- Steel dogbone center driveline
- Protective rubber boots on differential inputs
- Mod-1 pinion and spur gears
- Fixed gear mesh system
- Torque-Biasing Center Drive
- Heavy-duty sealed 4-gear design
- Large scale steel ring and pinion gears
- Oversize 8mm output shafts
- Steel drive cups
- Easy-access bulkheads
- Oil-filled GT-Maxx® Shocks
- Longer rear shocks for more travel
- Machined aluminum threaded body
- Extra-large bore and capacity
- Large-diameter damper shaft
- Lower cartridge with dual X-rings
- Height-adjustable spring retainer
- Lower spring perches bolted on
- Performance-optimized geometry
- Ultra-tough composite arms
- Made from our strongest cold-weather material
- Molded insert for clean look
- Rear rock deflectors
- Press-in hinge pins to reduce play
- Oversize molded toe and camber links
- Heavy-duty C-hubs
- Stronger than conventional designs
- Require no adjusments
- Multiple mounting points for suspension tuning
- 3.2mm ribbed aluminum chassis
- Formed edges for improved strength
- Thick T-Bar™ for added rigidity
- Stronger than round bars
- High-strength buttressing on shock towers
- Ultra-thick 5mm 6061-T6 aluminum shock towers
- Rugged locking battery compartment with quick-release door
- Low-CG design for improved handling
- Interlocking components for tight tolerances
- Tough front and rear bumpers double as skid plates
- Hidden wire management for clean appearance
- ProGraphix® Body
- Clipless body mounting system
- Rigid internal frame
- Molded body reinforcements for tear-through protection
- Protective roof skids
- Rugged high-downforce rear wing
- Wheels and Tires
- Huge 6.7” Sledgehammer® all-terrain tires
- TSM-rated construction resists ballooning
- Tough 3.8” black wheels
- Splined 17mm aluminum axle hubs
- Huge 6.7” Sledgehammer® all-terrain tires
- High-throw bellcrank steering design
- Heavy-duty servo saver with aluminum posts
- Metal servo horn
- Powerful #2275 metal gear servo
- 347 oz-in torque
- Fully waterproof
- Sealed Ball Bearings
- Hex hardware with Rust-Resistant Black Oxide Coating
- Length (including wing) : 23.78 inches (604mm)
- Front Track : 18.10 inches (459mm)
- Rear Track : 18.10 inches (459mm)
- Ground Clearance : 1.95 inches (50mm)
- Weight (no battery) : 12.74 pounds (5.77kgs)
- Height (overall) : 8.43 inches (214mm)
- Wheelbase : 15.10 inches (384mm)
- Shock Length (front) : 5.12 inches (128mm)
- Shock Length (rear) : 5.67 inches (144mm)
- Tire Diameter : 6.7 x 3.3 inches (170mm x 84mm)
- Wheel Diameter : 3.8 inches (97mm)
- Speed Control : Velineon® VXL-6s (#3485)
- Motor (electric) : Velineon® 2000kV Brushless
- Overall Drive Ratio : 17.2 (13/52 motor pinion and spur gear)
- Differential Type : Sealed, hardened steel bevel, limited slip
- Gear Pitch : Module 1.0
- Chassis Structure/Material : 3.2mm aluminum plate
- Brake Type : Electronic
- Drive System : Shaft-driven 4WD
- Steering : Double-shear bellcrank w/metal servo arm
- Wheels & Tires : 3.8” wheels, pre-glued Sledgehammer® Tires & foam inserts; 6.7x3.8
- Radio System : 2-Channel, TQi™ 2.4GHz Transmitter with TSM® receiver
- Servo : 2275 Waterproof, metal-gear (347oz-in torque)
- Top Speed : 70+ MPH with two 3S LiPo batteries and optional gearing (sold separately)
- Skill Level : 4
- Battery Tray : Narrow configuration (L/W/H): 181mm x 50mm x 29/37/45mm*
- Wide configuration (L/W/H): 160mm x 57mm x 29/37/45mm*
- Required Batteries : 4 “AA” (transmitter), Vehicle
What’s In The Box:
- Sledge, Ready-To-Race® monster truck with Traxxas 2000kV brushless motor
- VXL-6s waterproof electronic speed control with integrated telemetry
- Quick Start Guide
- TQi™ 2.4GHz radio system
- High quality maintenance tools
- Jumper plug (for 4s battery use)
What You’ll Need:
- LiPo Batteries
Traxxas recommends dual 5000mAh 3-cell 11.1V Power Cell LiPo batteries for maximum performance. Dual 7600mAh 7.4V LiPo batteries or a single 6700mAh 14.8V LiPo battery will operate the vehicle with reduced performance. NiMH batteries are not supported.
- LiPo Balance Charger
- AA Alkaline Batteries
Four AA alkaline batteries for the transmitter.
Order before 11am, and your item will ship same day (Australia Only)
If your order is coming from more than one location:
We suggest you order with Standard Shipping rather than Express (this is due in part to transportation time between stores to get your order combined and sent from 1 location which will delay your "express" postage option).
NOTE - On large mail items (over 1 Metre) Large mail items over 1m will have a delay due to shipping via courier being needed.
Incorrect Delivery Info/Contact Details:
Hearns Hobbies is not held accountable for incorrect delivery / contact information entered in by the user at checkout. Please check your details are correct before submitting your order.
If you have entered your details incorrectly when you checked out,
please contact us via phone or direct message IMMEDIATELY.
At Hearns Hobbies, we are very efficient with processing orders (meaning your order may already be packed and sorted) so speedy notification is required to allow for immediate intervention in order to change your details.
For more information, or if you are buying Internationally? Feel free to read our Shipping Policy before ordering.
It is highly recommended by Hearns Hobbies to opt for additional
Insurance or "Extra Cover" to protect your delivery from possible damage or loss on the carriers part. If an item that is not insured is
lost / damaged during delivery / transit then the lost item compensation / refund is up to the discretion of the carrier.
Hearns Hobbies offers shipping with Insurance / "Extra Cover", however this option is not applied by default and is at the discretion of the buyer to select upon checkout. Standard shipping DOES NOT include insurance by default.
International Shipping Insurance:
International shipping by default does not come with insurance.
Please be aware of this before checking out. If you would like insurance please Contact Us beforehand so we can see what can be organised.
Hearns Hobbies IS NOT responsible for refunding or replacing a damaged/broken items with no insurance.
We CAN NOT ship any dangerous goods internationally, if you place an order for dengerous goods we will have to apply a restocking fee.
Read AUSPOSTS statement on Compensation on damaged goods: https://auspost.com.au/receiving/delayed-lost-or-damaged-items/compensation
Read more about Insurance and refunds on our Refund Policy page: https://www.hearnshobbies.com/policies/refund-policy
What are pre-orders? Pre-orders, are an order for a product placed before it is available for purchase.
What are back-orders? Back-Orders allow you to place an order for a product, that is temporarily out of stock.
How much are pre-orders / back-orders? Prices may vary slighlty (from what was paid on the day of the order). Whilst we try to maintain the lowest possible price, factors such as supplier price and exchange rate fluctuations, could affect the final price when we receive it in store.
Note: Pre-orders could in some cases be a deposit price, without any knowledge of a final price from the Supplier or Manufacturer. In all cases you will be notified if there is a significant price change, from what was originally paid, before shipping.
How long do I have to wait for my pre-order / back-order? All
orders will be shipped once stock has arrived and full payment has been made, with the exception of Manufacturer Release Dates on some Pre-order Products. Waiting time depends on many factors, which are mostly out of our control. They could be for example, Manufacturing delays (due to global pandemics), Supplier shortages, or shipping delays.
Why am I being charged for my pre-order/back-order, even though the product isn’t released/re-stocked yet? This
is pre-payment for an item's payment and delivery costs that isn’t released yet to ensure as soon as it arrives your order can be fulfilled and sent out to you a.s.a.p. Not all orders will be charged shipping depending on size, and total order amount (see our website for current shipping to find out more and our shipping policy for more information).
Read our full FAQ on Frequently Asked Questions page.
For detailed information on shipping of pre orders please read our Shipping Policy.
For detailed information on returns of pre orders please read our Returns Policy.