Payment & Security
The Traxxas X-Maxx® is a giant that forever changed the face of RC monster trucks. Its radical cutting-edge design, massive size, brutal strength, and unmatched power transformed X-Maxx into the stuff of legends. The 1/10 Traxxas Maxx expertly packages X-Maxx’s innovative design elements and jaw-dropping strength into a lighter, more compact, more ferocious beast. Now the newest Maxx is even bigger, with a longer wheelbase, beefier Sledgehammer tires, and that incredible WideMaxx stance for more intense action. Let the fun begin!
WIDEMAXX® FROM THE START
WideMaxx stance stretches the wheels out over 1.5 inches (40 mm) wider for even greater stability.
The extended chassis length now accommodates our most powerful batteries, the same 6700mAh 4-cell LiPo batteries used in the X-Maxx.
Taller Sledgehammer tires feature an aggressive open-block tread design that clears away mud and debris for unrivaled traction.
THE MAXX EXPERIENCE
Maxx turns up the dial on fun with even more of what you crave. The new Maxx doubles down on strength and durability with a longer and wider stance for greater stability to match its blistering 60+ mph performance. Bury the throttle, fly through corners, and let the new Maxx turn your wildest full-throttle dreams into reality.
60+ MPH MAXX® MUSCLE
Traxxas Velineon® brushless power hits hard with massive 4s punch for an awe-inspiring 60+ mph top speed and effortless wheelies on demand. The high-output 540XL motor features a beefy 5 mm shaft, aluminum heat sink, and a powerful fan. Of course it’s all fully protected with Traxxas’ innovative waterproofing.
Maxx is overbuilt with components found on much larger and heavier vehicles to withstand extreme punishment and intense driving action. The Maxx chassis absorbs and dissipates impact energy across the entire structure for superior strength. Huge threaded-aluminum GT-Maxx shocks with oversized shafts soak up massive jumps for high-flying fun at every turn.
- VXL-4s™ Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
- 3S–4S LiPo compatible
- Built-in cooling fan
- Real-time telemetry via Traxxas Link™
- Machined heat sinks
- 10-gauge silicone wire
- Integrated protection circuits
- LED status lights
- Velineon® 540XL Brushless Motor
- Long format brushless motor
- 4-pole 2400 kV
- 5mm output shaft
- Aluminum heat sink
- Cooling fan
- 55+ MPH out of the box using single 4S LiPo battery (sold separately)
- 60+ MPH with optional gearing and single 4S LiPo battery (sold separately)
- Traxxas Stability Management™
- Helps prevents spinouts and loss of control
- Adjusts from off to 100% assistance from the transmitter
- TQi™ 2.4GHz High Output Radio System
- TQi™ 2.4GHz transmitter
- Traxxas Link™ enabled
- TQi 2.4GHz 5-channel micro receiver (#6533) with fail-safe security and integrated telemetry ports
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models—just switch on and drive, “model selection” is not required
- Multi-Function knob
- Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle end points
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
- Telemetry-ready 5-channel micro receiver
- Clipless Body Mount System
- Quick one-hand installation and removal
- Uses pivoting rear latch mechanism
- Eliminates body posts and clips
- Reinforced for extra protection against tearing
- Full-time shaft-driven 4-wheel drive
- Torque-Biasing Center Drive™ absorbs shocks and distributes power
- 17mm keyed wheel hex with 5mm nut
- Sealed, silicone fluid-filled diffs with large module ring and pinion gears
- Heavy-duty Cush Drive™
- Extreme-duty telescoping driveshafts
- Splined aluminum center driveshaft
- Secure Motor Mounting System
- Precise, fixed gear mesh adjustments
- Motor retention separate from gear mesh
- Full-length motor cradle
- New Modular Composite Chassis
- Extended modular chassis design interlocks with front and rear bulkheads
- Absorbs and distributes impact energy
- Easy to service and access components
- Driveline is sealed in the chassis to keep out dirt and grit
- Easy Battery Access
- Extended battery tray accepts Traxxas’ largest 6700mAh 4-cell LiPo battery
- Battery is protected deep in the chassis
- Battery hold-downs pivot for easy access
- More secure than conventional retention systems
- Heavy-Duty Steering Bellcranks and Servo
- Large-scale high-output steering servo
- 285oz-in of torque
- 0.18 sec transit speed
- Triangulated mounting system to fully support case
- Heavy-duty double-shear bellcranks
- Large-scale high-output steering servo
- WideMaxx® double-shear suspension arms
- 1.57” (40 mm) wider for improved handling
- Tough new composite formula resists impact damage, even in cold weather
- Engineered to optimize suspension travel and steering angles
- All critical suspension points have double shear strength
- Steel pivot balls
- C-hub and steering block geometry maximizes steering angle
- Fixed, high-strength camber and toe links
- Steel upper and lower tie bars
- Full contact sealed bearings used throughout driveline
- GT-Maxx® Shocks
- Machined aluminum threaded body
- Extra-large bore and capacity
- Large-diameter damper shaft
- Lower seal cartridge with dual X-rings
- Adjustable upper spring retainer
- Plastic shock caps with pivot balls
- Lower spring perches bolted on
- Tough energy absorbing front and rear bumpers
- Lower front and rear skids for impact and abrasion resistance
- Integrated nerf bars for side impact resistance
- Wheelie bar with integrated carry handle
- Tough 2.8” wheels with keyed 17mm hex receptor
- Sledgehammer® extreme tires for sure-footed traction
- 1-piece foam inserts
- Pre-glued and ready for action
- TSM™ rated
|Length:||22.50 inches (572mm)|
|Front Track:||15.95 inches (405mm)|
|Rear Track:||15.95 inches (405mm)|
|Ground Clearance (lowest skid):||1.90 inches (49mm)|
|Ground Clearance (center skid):||2.6 inches (67mm)|
|Weight:||10.40 lbs (4.7kg)|
|Height (ride):||9.12 inches (232mm)|
|Wheelbase:||13.85 inches (352mm)|
|Shock Length:||4.90 inches (124mm)|
|Tire Diameter:||5.64 inches (143mm)|
|Wheel Diameter:||2.8 / 3.6 inches (70 / 92mm)|
|Speed Control:||Velineon VXL-4s|
|Motor (electric):||540XL (2400 kV)|
|Overall Drive Ratio:||12.37 (23/50 motor pinion and spur gear)|
|Differential Type:||Sealed, hardened steel bevel, limited slip|
|Gear Pitch:||Module 1.0|
|Chassis Structure/Material:||Composite Modular Tub|
|Drive System:||Shaft-driven 4WD|
|Wheels & Tires:||2.8” wheels, pre-glued Sledgehammer® Tires & foam inserts; 5.6x2.8–3.6|
|Radio System:||2-Channel, TQi™ 2.4GHz Transmitter with TSM® receiver|
|Top Speed:||60+ MPH with 4S LiPo battery and optional gearing (sold separately)|
|Battery Tray:||186mm L x 48mm W x 43mm H|
|Required Batteries:||4 “AA” (transmitter)|
What’s In The Box:
- Maxx, Ready-To-Race® model with Traxxas 540XL brushless motor
- VXL-4s waterproof electronic speed control with integrated telemetry
- Quick Start Guide
- TQi™ 2.4GHz radio system
- High quality maintenance tools
What You’ll Need:
- LiPo Battery
Traxxas recommends a 4-cell 14.8V Power Cell LiPo battery for maximum performance. A 3-cell 11.1V LiPo battery will operate the vehicle with reduced performance. NiMH batteries are not supported.
- LiPo Balance Charger with iD™
Traxxas EZ-Peak Live 4s-capable charger is recommended for easy and fast charging performance (model #2971).
- AA Alkaline Batteries
Four AA alkaline batteries for the transmitter.
If your order is coming from more than one location:
We suggest you order with Standard Shipping rather than Express (this is due in part to transportation time between stores to get your order combined and sent from 1 location which will delay your "express" postage option).
NOTE - On large mail items (over 1 Metre) Large mail items over 1m will have a delay due to shipping via courier being needed.
Incorrect Delivery Info/Contact Details:
Hearns Hobbies is not held accountable for incorrect delivery / contact information entered in by the user at checkout. Please check your details are correct before submitting your order.
If you have entered your details incorrectly when you checked out,
please contact us via phone or direct message IMMEDIATELY.
At Hearns Hobbies, we are very efficient with processing orders (meaning your order may already be packed and sorted) so speedy notification is required to allow for immediate intervention in order to change your details.
For more information, or if you are buying Internationally? Feel free to read our Shipping Policy before ordering.
Insurance or "Extra Cover" to protect your delivery from possible damage or loss on the carriers part. If an item that is not insured is
lost / damaged during delivery / transit then the lost item compensation / refund is up to the discretion of the carrier.
International Shipping Insurance:
Please be aware of this before checking out. If you would like insurance please Contact Us beforehand so we can see what can be organised.
orders will be shipped once stock has arrived and full payment has been made, with the exception of Manufacturer Release Dates on some Pre-order Products. Waiting time depends on many factors, which are mostly out of our control. They could be for example, Manufacturing delays (due to global pandemics), Supplier shortages, or shipping delays.
Why am I being charged for my pre-order/back-order, even though the product isn’t released/re-stocked yet? This
is pre-payment for an item's payment and delivery costs that isn’t released yet to ensure as soon as it arrives your order can be fulfilled and sent out to you a.s.a.p. Not all orders will be charged shipping depending on size, and total order amount (see our website for current shipping to find out more and our shipping policy for more information).
Read our full FAQ on Frequently Asked Questions page.
For detailed information on shipping of pre orders please read our Shipping Policy.
For detailed information on returns of pre orders please read our Returns Policy.