This item is a Pre-Orderable Product,
Please Click the [Pre-Order Information] Tab, for Terms and Conditions.
SDS MODELS HO QR 1460 CLASS LOCOMOTIVE #2056 TASRAIL
Entering service as the 1460 class, Clyde Engineering supplied 42 units between early 1964 and mid 1966. They were numbered from 1460 through to 1501, they were powered by an EMD V12-567C engine. All were delivered in the QR blue/light grey colour scheme with the light grey extending along the sides of the footplate. Six of the class were delivered with Dynamic brakes and could be easily identified by the fan and radiator assembly in the roof of the short hood. In 1965 Queensland Railways celebrated their centenary and to mark the occasion locomotive numbered 1461 was repainted into the distinctive gold/dark grey/light grey colour scheme and fitted with nameplate Centennial. In the 1970s the livery was changed with the footplate colour changed to the same dark grey as the roof and use of the QR logo along the sides of the engine compartment. By the 1990s most units had been placed into storage, some were sold overseas and later returned interstate. Several units are still active in Tasmania.
- Highly detailed Ready-to-Run 1/87 scale model
- Available in HOn3½ & HO gauge
- Precisely tooled body
- Genuine Kadee scale head whisker coupler
- Separately applied handrails and detail parts
- All wheel electrical pickup
- LED head and marker lights
- Models are equipped with an MTC 21 pin motherboard
- 18" Minimum radius recommended