Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Amazing running agility!
"FANTOM EP-4WD Ext" is the last reincarnation of the famous FANTOM EP form!
Two years after the seismic impact of the FANTOM EP-4WD’s debut win, the "FANTOM EP-4WD Ext" stunned the world by achieving the same feat against an even more competitive field at the 1985 Japan Championship.
Racing surface conditions at that time were improving and race formats changed from the fiery 4-minute races to 8-minute endurance races. The "FANTOM EP-4WD Ext" was developed to meet this trend.
Kyosho was the first to introduce the chain + one-way 4WD system developed for 1/8 engine models into 1/12 electric racing cars. The front one-way system enabled power to be applied earlier through corners, allowing for more aggressive driving. On the other hand, energy efficiency didn’t improve and it was prone to stalling when power was taken off.
In the Ext, high-dimensional fusion of the 3P suspension reinforces weak points. 2.2mm suspension stroke is realized through specially shaped springs creating a "progressive spring effect" by compressing the suspension according to the roll amount of the chassis when entering a corner, and then extending from when it starts clipping too much to minimize stall when power is taken off. At the same time, energy efficiency is improved by reducing the time power is ON. The main chassis has been enhanced with an evolved front suspension to deliver increased rigidity from a reinforcing plate on the front that allows optimal movement of the suspension. Incorporating the direct servo saver into the steering servo increases the front load, allowing the chassis to be shaped so that the rear rolls and pitches flexibly in sync with the front. Oil damper is added for pitching control to improve the ground contact of the rear.
When first developed, the Ext was focused on weight reduction and its 880g was lighter than the first generation. The commitment to light weight remains in this relaunched version with the inclusion of lightweight knuckle arms and wheel nuts. Please enjoy this modernized version of Kyosho’s timeless classic, the "FANTOM EP-4WD Ext", which is the 11th model in the vintage series.
The FANTOM was the first electric R/C car in the world to adopt the ladder chain + front one-way bearing drive system, and in combination with an integrated 3P suspension system, delivered superior cornering speed and driving agility.
The CRC-2 body and its reputation for excellent aerodynamic performance has been faithfully reproduced. The long front overhang and full-body wedge produces handling stability with minimal aerodynamic variation due to speed. Includes decals to recreate the model on the package.
Special spring produces a progressive suspension effect that changes according to the amount of roll and ensures suspension stroke, even in a small space. New front sprocket, special swing shaft (right only) and lightweight knuckle arm, deliver maximum steering angle.Compatible with optional carbon suspension arm (No.EFW005).
Chassis is shaped to deliver rear suspension effect. Newly designed oil damper is equipped along the pitch direction and features a 2mm shaft to minimize changes in oil volume during stroke and ensure sufficient damping effect. High-precision CNC machined 3-piece motor mount and damper stay with oil damper produce reliable operation.
Moving the height adjuster in the rear axle up, down, left and right, allows the vehicle height to be changed 1.3 mm and the wheelbase to be changed by 1 mm (also adjusting the chain tension). Originally an optional setting, the motor mounting position is lowered to the same position as the machine-cut motor mount to produce a lower center of gravity.
A new long-type 48 pitch 21T pinion gear with newly designed differential is fully equipped with ball bearings to realize smooth operation. Optional 16T to 27T pinion gears are also available for a wide range of settings. Compatible with No.PNGS4816-4827 / No.W0118Z-W0119Z Lightweight Carbon Gear Differential Axle (No. EFW002).
CNC processing improves the precision of all FRP parts that were originally press-processed. The 2-piece main chassis is equipped with mounting holes for the Le Mans 240S speed controller. The newly designed CNC machined aluminum servo mount is compatible with most mini servos for cars and incorporates a newly designed direct servo saver with double ring springs to ensure durability and accuracy.
Full bearing specifications. Hex screws throughout ensure greater integrity of screw tightness. Includes wrench for wheel hub and differential adjustment. (12 / 5.5 / 4.5 / 4mm) Special damper wrench is also included.
Includes pre-formed and glued tires that do not require a tire setter. Front: φ48 / H38 ° Rear: φ53 / L25 ° Lightweight wheel nuts are used. Optional small diameter tires (pre-formed and glued tires / H = 38φ45mm / L = 25φ50mm) (No. EFTH 100W) are available.
- Recreates the style and atmosphere from its debut in 1985, with a thorough modernization of each component.
- FANTOM EP 4WD Ext faithfully reproduces the chassis design including its distinguishing 3P suspension and ladder chain + front one-way bearing 4WD system.
- Features the same 3P suspension structure from the original with a specially shaped spring in the kingpin on the front plus machined aluminum oil damper on the rear for pitching control.
- Unique shape of the main chassis exerts the same suspension effect due to torsion as the original design. A reinforcing plate is layered on the front for additional rigidity.
- Redesigned for ESC compatibility in place of the rotary speed controller from the original, allowing brushless motor & ESC combination. Front plate features mounting holes for Le Mans 240S ESC.
- Newly designed machine-cut aluminum steering servo provides adjustable mounting that corresponds to various sizes.
- Newly designed direct servo saver with a double ring spring produces the spring rate to realize improved reliability and direct steering feel.
- Machined aluminum rear axle features a height adjuster mechanism that was not available in the original. Vehicle height and chain tension can be adjusted.
- Long-type 48 pitch 21T long-type pinion gear is included as standard. 14T to 27T are available in standard shape as options.
- Front and rear tires have been changed from the original sponge to rubber-sponge compound on both front and rear, greatly improving grip and reducing tire wear, which was a problem at the time of the original.
- Popular with competitive racers, the same CRC-II body design used by Junichi Koma for the FANTOM’s ‘win on debut’ at the 1985 Japan Championship has been faithfully reproduced. Produces excellent aerodynamic balance.
- Included decals and simple coloring can reproduce the style of the original package model. (The driver doll needs painting)
- Length 340mm
- Width 172mm
- Height 83mm
- Chassis type Chain drive4WD
- Wheelbase 199-200mm(Adjustable)
- Tread F:135mm/R:133mm
- Tyre F:φ48×23mm/R:φ53×35mm
- Gear ratio 3.38:1
- Weight approx.890g(with GAB4201)
- Motor 540class(both sold separately)
- Used propo 2ch 1servo 1ESC
- ?Maximum Speed ?55km/h (with Le Mans480T BL)
- ?Driving Time approx.23minutes(with Le Mans480T BL)
- Chassis kit
- Adhesive shaped tyre
- Unpainted body
- Wheel wrench(12/4.0)
- FRP shock wrench
<Required for Operation>
- Radio transmitter with 2 channel, 1-servo(Receiving size:L37xW30xH16.5mm)
- 1 Electronic speed controller (ESC size:38x31x23mm)
- 540 Motor
- Battery for chassis(Battery size:138x48x24.5mm)
- Batteries for transmitter
- Charger for Battery
- Paint for body
Order before 11am, and your item will ship same day (Australia Only)
If your order is coming from more than one location:
We suggest you order with Standard Shipping rather than Express (this is due in part to transportation time between stores to get your order combined and sent from 1 location which will delay your "express" postage option).
NOTE - On large mail items (over 1 Metre) Large mail items over 1m will have a delay due to shipping via courier being needed.
Incorrect Delivery Info/Contact Details:
Hearns Hobbies is not held accountable for incorrect delivery / contact information entered in by the user at checkout. Please check your details are correct before submitting your order.
If you have entered your details incorrectly when you checked out,
please contact us via phone or direct message IMMEDIATELY.
At Hearns Hobbies, we are very efficient with processing orders (meaning your order may already be packed and sorted) so speedy notification is required to allow for immediate intervention in order to change your details.
For more information, or if you are buying Internationally? Feel free to read our Shipping Policy before ordering.
It is highly recommended by Hearns Hobbies to opt for additional
Insurance or "Extra Cover" to protect your delivery from possible damage or loss on the carriers part. If an item that is not insured is
lost / damaged during delivery / transit then the lost item compensation / refund is up to the discretion of the carrier.
Hearns Hobbies offers shipping with Insurance / "Extra Cover", however this option is not applied by default and is at the discretion of the buyer to select upon checkout. Standard shipping DOES NOT include insurance by default.
International Shipping Insurance:
International shipping by default does not come with insurance.
Please be aware of this before checking out. If you would like insurance please Contact Us beforehand so we can see what can be organised.
Hearns Hobbies IS NOT responsible for refunding or replacing a damaged/broken items with no insurance.
We CAN NOT ship any dangerous goods internationally, if you place an order for dengerous goods we will have to apply a restocking fee.
Read AUSPOSTS statement on Compensation on damaged goods: https://auspost.com.au/receiving/delayed-lost-or-damaged-items/compensation
Read more about Insurance and refunds on our Refund Policy page: https://www.hearnshobbies.com/policies/refund-policy
What are pre-orders? Pre-orders, are an order for a product placed before it is available for purchase.
What are back-orders? Back-Orders allow you to place an order for a product, that is temporarily out of stock.
How much are pre-orders / back-orders? Prices may vary slighlty (from what was paid on the day of the order). Whilst we try to maintain the lowest possible price, factors such as supplier price and exchange rate fluctuations, could affect the final price when we receive it in store.
Note: Pre-orders could in some cases be a deposit price, without any knowledge of a final price from the Supplier or Manufacturer. In all cases you will be notified if there is a significant price change, from what was originally paid, before shipping.
How long do I have to wait for my pre-order / back-order? All
orders will be shipped once stock has arrived and full payment has been made, with the exception of Manufacturer Release Dates on some Pre-order Products. Waiting time depends on many factors, which are mostly out of our control. They could be for example, Manufacturing delays (due to global pandemics), Supplier shortages, or shipping delays.
Why am I being charged for my pre-order/back-order, even though the product isn’t released/re-stocked yet? This
is pre-payment for an item's payment and delivery costs that isn’t released yet to ensure as soon as it arrives your order can be fulfilled and sent out to you a.s.a.p. Not all orders will be charged shipping depending on size, and total order amount (see our website for current shipping to find out more and our shipping policy for more information).
Read our full FAQ on Frequently Asked Questions page.
For detailed information on shipping of pre orders please read our Shipping Policy.
For detailed information on returns of pre orders please read our Returns Policy.