Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
As part of the Autumn 2022 British Railway Announcements, Bachmann are delighted to present the stunning all-new Bachmann Branchline Class 37/0 with Split Headcodes as No. 37034 in BR Blue livery.
The British Rail Class 37 is a favourite among enthusiasts and modellers alike, and this iconic loco returns to the Bachmann Branchline range for 2022, but not as you know it. Following in the footsteps of the award-winning Bachmann Branchline Class 47, our all-new OO scale Class 37 has been designed from the rails up to ensure this classic locomotive is modelled more accurately than ever before, whilst the technical specification is equally impressive and incorporates the same great features as our Class 47. With high fidelity mouldings, numerous separately fitted parts and countless tooling variations to capture the minutiae of the real locomotives throughout their lives, our new 37 is brought to life with an exquisite livery application using true-to-prototype colours, fonts and logos. Along with an unprecedented array of lighting features, our Dual Fitted speaker system is fitted to all models – bringing to life our SOUND FITTED models. For the ultimate experience, choose one of our award-winning SOUND FITTED DELUXE models with their motorised radiator fan and authentic tinted windscreen glazing!
- Bachmann Branchline OO Scale
- Era 7
- Pristine BR Blue livery
- Running No. 37034
- Equipped with a Plux22 DCC Decoder Socket – recommended Decoder item No. 36-570A
- Length 245mm
DETAIL VARIATIONS SPECIFIC TO THIS MODEL
- Split Headcode Panels – Glazed displaying ‘Dominoes’
- Original Buffer Beam Cowling
- Round Oleo Buffers
- Original Windscreen
- English Electric Cantrail Grilles
- Rivetted Boiler Roof with Double Row of Rivets
- Original Open Boiler Port and Safety Valves
- Sealed Water Filler Door and Plated Access Steps
- Fabricated Bogies
- Original Speedo Drive
- Mileage Counter
- Original Water and Fuel Tanks
- Water Filler Valve
BACHMANN BRANCHLINE CLASS 37 SPECIFICATION
- Five pole, twin shaft motor with two flywheels providing drive to both bogies
- All axle drive
- Electrical pickup from all wheels
- Separate metal bearings fitted to each axle
- Diecast metal chassis block and bogie towers
- Diecast metal gearboxes, with gearing arranged for prototypical running speeds and haulage capabilities
- 5mm (OO gauge) wheels to NEM310 & NEM311 standards with authentic profile and detailing
- Detachable coupling pockets to NEM362 standards fitted to each bogie
- Designed to operate on curves of second radius (438mm) or greater
- Bogies constructed from multiple components featuring full relief detail
- Rotating radiator fan, driven by an independent motor and gearbox, operated as part of the sound project on DCC and Analogue control (SOUND FITTED DELUXE models only)
- Tinted windscreen glazing (SOUND FITTED DELUXE models only)
- Separately applied metal detail parts, including grab handles, windscreen wipers and etched fan grilles
- Sprung metal buffers
- Each model supplied with a full set of decorated, model-specific bufferbeam pipework and accessory parts
- Directional lighting, including headlights and high intensity headlights where applicable, switchable on/off at either end on DCC or Analogue control
- Cab lighting*, assigned to two DCC functions for separate switching of each
- Separately switched Engine Room lighting*
- ‘Yard Light’ mode*, red tail lights and/or marker lights displayed at both ends (*when used on DCC)
- Authentic light colours and temperatures selected for each model based on era and application
- Plux22 DCC decoder interface
- Two quality speakers employed for optimum sound reproduction, fitted to every model as standard
- Zimo MS450P22 DCC Sound Decoder fitted to SOUND FITTED and SOUND FITTED DELUXE versions
- Four sound projects to accurately capture the sounds of Class 37/0s as originally built, those with thermostatically controlled fans, Class 37/4s and DRS-modified locos.
- Sound files for each project produced specifically for the Bachmann Branchline Class 37 using recordings from real locomotives
- SOUND FITTED and SOUND FITTED DELUXE models operate on DCC and Analogue control as supplied. On Analogue, an authentic engine start up sequence and running sounds are produced when power is applied
- Authentic liveries applied to all models
- Multiple paint applications employed on each model using BR and corporate specification colours
- Logos, numerals and text added as appropriate using multi-stage tampo printing using authentic typefaces, logos and colours
- In addition, where applicable Etched Nameplates and Plaques are also provided
CLASS 37 HISTORY
The British Rail 1955 Modernisation Plan paved the way for the large-scale replacement of steam traction with diesel locomotives, and one of the most successful diesel locomotive designs to result from this was the English Electric Type 3. These 1,700hp Types 3 diesel-electric locomotives were built at English Electric’s Vulcan Foundry and by Robert Stephenson & Hawthorns between 1960 and 1965, with 309 examples produced in total. When TOPS was implemented the type was designated Class 37.
The class proved popular with railwaymen and so in 1985, a major refurbishment programme for the Class 37 locomotives was sanctioned to extend the working lives of 135 locomotives. Features of the refurbishment involved plating over the four-character head codes and sealing off the nose end communication doors. Dedicated freight locomotives received lower gearing to increase the tractive effort, and some were fitted with extra ballast or even more powerful engines. A new subclass was created for locomotives refurbished with Electric Train Heating (ETH) equipment, allowing their use on passenger trains the whole year-round.
With the sectorisation of British Rail taking hold in the early-1980s, the locomotives returned to traffic following refurbishment in a wide and diverse range of liveries. Passenger machines appeared in BR Blue Large Logo, InterCity and Regional Railways schemes to name just three, whilst freight engines received numerous varieties of Railfreight livery, Transrail, Mainline and Loadhaul. The Class continued to be widely used into the Privatisation-era, with examples operating for the likes of EWS, DRS, West Coast Railways and Colas, whilst others have received ‘retro’ heritage repaints.
Order before 11am, and your item will ship same day (Australia Only)
If your order is coming from more than one location:
We suggest you order with Standard Shipping rather than Express (this is due in part to transportation time between stores to get your order combined and sent from 1 location which will delay your "express" postage option).
NOTE - On large mail items (over 1 Metre) Large mail items over 1m will have a delay due to shipping via courier being needed.
Incorrect Delivery Info/Contact Details:
Hearns Hobbies is not held accountable for incorrect delivery / contact information entered in by the user at checkout. Please check your details are correct before submitting your order.
If you have entered your details incorrectly when you checked out,
please contact us via phone or direct message IMMEDIATELY.
At Hearns Hobbies, we are very efficient with processing orders (meaning your order may already be packed and sorted) so speedy notification is required to allow for immediate intervention in order to change your details.
For more information, or if you are buying Internationally? Feel free to read our Shipping Policy before ordering.
It is highly recommended by Hearns Hobbies to opt for additional
Insurance or "Extra Cover" to protect your delivery from possible damage or loss on the carriers part. If an item that is not insured is
lost / damaged during delivery / transit then the lost item compensation / refund is up to the discretion of the carrier.
Hearns Hobbies offers shipping with Insurance / "Extra Cover", however this option is not applied by default and is at the discretion of the buyer to select upon checkout. Standard shipping DOES NOT include insurance by default.
International Shipping Insurance:
International shipping by default does not come with insurance.
Please be aware of this before checking out. If you would like insurance please Contact Us beforehand so we can see what can be organised.
Hearns Hobbies IS NOT responsible for refunding or replacing a damaged/broken items with no insurance.
We CAN NOT ship any dangerous goods internationally, if you place an order for dengerous goods we will have to apply a restocking fee.
Read AUSPOSTS statement on Compensation on damaged goods: https://auspost.com.au/receiving/delayed-lost-or-damaged-items/compensation
Read more about Insurance and refunds on our Refund Policy page: https://www.hearnshobbies.com/policies/refund-policy
What are pre-orders? Pre-orders, are an order for a product placed before it is available for purchase.
What are back-orders? Back-Orders allow you to place an order for a product, that is temporarily out of stock.
How much are pre-orders / back-orders? Prices may vary slighlty (from what was paid on the day of the order). Whilst we try to maintain the lowest possible price, factors such as supplier price and exchange rate fluctuations, could affect the final price when we receive it in store.
Note: Pre-orders could in some cases be a deposit price, without any knowledge of a final price from the Supplier or Manufacturer. In all cases you will be notified if there is a significant price change, from what was originally paid, before shipping.
How long do I have to wait for my pre-order / back-order? All
orders will be shipped once stock has arrived and full payment has been made, with the exception of Manufacturer Release Dates on some Pre-order Products. Waiting time depends on many factors, which are mostly out of our control. They could be for example, Manufacturing delays (due to global pandemics), Supplier shortages, or shipping delays.
Why am I being charged for my pre-order/back-order, even though the product isn’t released/re-stocked yet? This
is pre-payment for an item's payment and delivery costs that isn’t released yet to ensure as soon as it arrives your order can be fulfilled and sent out to you a.s.a.p. Not all orders will be charged shipping depending on size, and total order amount (see our website for current shipping to find out more and our shipping policy for more information).
Read our full FAQ on Frequently Asked Questions page.
For detailed information on shipping of pre orders please read our Shipping Policy.
For detailed information on returns of pre orders please read our Returns Policy.