Between 1966 and 1974, EMD produced 807 of the 12-cylinder SW1500 switchers. These prolific switchers are easily recognized by their high mounted walkways, tall, low-radius arched roof cab, dual exhaust stacks, and a long hood headlight. EMD offered the SW’s with either the standard AAR type A trucks or the optional Flexicoil designed trucks. More than half of the railroads chose the Flexicoil trucks.
Our model of course maintains our high standard for quality and detail. Beyond the high level of detail, our SW1500’s come equipped with our new state-of-the-art sound system – Paragon2. Paragon2 is the new benchmark for premium HO sound-equipped locomotives. These DC and DCC-Sound equipped locomotives feature the ALL-NEW Paragon2 sound and control system. Each Paragon2 locomotive comes with BLI’s own integral DCC Decoder factory installed. Paragon2 locomotives offer Dual Mode DC and DCC operation with: superb back EMF motor control in DC and DCC, recordable DCC operation for automated playback, the same detail level as the original Paragon Series, and the familiar sturdy maroon box!
EMD’s SW1500 was a capable switcher that saw distinguished duty for many railroads. BLI’s model is ready for duty on your layout, and like all BLI locomotives, she looks, operates, and sounds great!
- The all-new Paragon2 Sound & Control System
- Integral DCC Decoder with Back EMF for Industry-Best Slow Speed Operation in DC and DCC
- Precision Drive Mechanism engineered for switching
- 5-Pole Can Motor with Skew Wound Armature
- Authentic SW1500 sounds (on sound-equipped units only)
- Premium Caliber Painting with Authentic Paint Schemes
- Prototypical Light Operation with Golden White LED Headlight & rear light
- Operating Metal Knuckle Couplers
- Many separately applied details such as brass bell, grab irons, and ladders
- Locomotive length: 6.5 inches
- Locomotive weight: approximately 9 oz.
- Near-Brass Caliber Detail at a Plastic Price
- Minimum Radius: 18″ or greater recommended
Industry-Leading SOUND Features:
- Operates in DC & DCC (use DCMaster for DC Sound)
- Auto Pilot (ATS) – Records and plays back sound and movement for automatic operation (Macro Operation)
- 16-bit Sample Rate for exceptional high frequency sound clarity
- Playback Whistle for multiple whistle lengths and patterns
- Choice of 3 selectable Whistles / Horns
- Alternate Whistle / Horn where applicable for locomotive with air horn and steam whistle – both the main whistle and alternate can be
- easily played
- Adjustable bell ringing interval for faster or slower bell
- Numerous user-mappable functions with available keys
- Passenger Station Ambient Sounds – Controlled with Function Key
- Freight Yard Ambient Sounds – Controlled with Function Key
- Lumber Yard Ambient Sounds – Controlled with Function Key
- Farm Ambient Sounds – Controlled with Function Key
- Crew Radio Communications – Controlled with Function Key
- Maintenance Yard Ambient Sounds – Controlled with Function Key
- Demo Mode for display and demonstrations
- Grade Crossing Automatic Signal
- 8 Diesel Motor Revs (Diesel Only)
- Simple Programming with Integral DCC Decoder
- Automatic Forward / Reverse Signal – When activated, stopping triggers and stop whistle toot. When moving forward from a stopped
- position, toots twice. When moving in reverse. toots three times.
- Engine sound intensity varies with load
- Individually adjustable sound volumes for each effect
- EZ Reset Button for quick return to factory default settings