Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
As part of the Spring 2022 British Railway Announcements, Bachmann are delighted to present the stunning new Bachmann Branchline Class 47/4 as No. 47526 in BR Blue Large Logo livery with weathered finish.
Following the release of the first of the all-new Bachmann Branchline Class 47s in late-2021, this new addition is treated to an authentic weathered finish, with the BR Large Logo Blue livery being portrayed in faded and peeling condition. With high fidelity mouldings, numerous separately fitted parts and countless tooling variations to capture the minutiae of the real locomotives throughout their lives - ensuring each model is faithful to its prototype – our new 47 is brought to life with an exquisite livery application using true-to-prototype colours, fonts and logos. Along with an unprecedented array of lighting features, our new Dual Fitted speaker system is fitted to all models, bringing to life our SOUND FITTED models. For the ultimate experience, choose our SOUND FITTED DELUXE models with their ground-breaking motorised radiator fans and authentic tinted windscreen glazing!
- Bachmann Branchline OO Scale
- Era 8
- Weathered BR Blue (Large Logo) livery
- Running No. 47526
- Equipped with a Plux22 DCC Decoder Socket – recommended Decoder item No. 36-570
- Length 255mm
DETAIL VARIATIONS SPECIFIC TO THIS MODEL
- Flush Front at No. 1 End and Plated Headcode Panel with Sealed Beam Marker Lights at No. 2 End
- Twin Bufferbeam Brackets denoting a Crewe-built Machine
- Cab-Front-mounted ETH Equipment
- Single Arm Windscreen Wipers
- High Intensity Headlight
- Round Buffers
- Full Cab Roof Vents
- Serck Radiator Grilles
- Ribbed Exhaust Panels
- Blanked Roof Boiler Port
- 1,200 Gallon Water Tanks with Water Filler Valves
- Plated Bogie-mounted Cab Steps
- Slow Speed Speedo Drive
- Five pole, twin shaft motor with two flywheels providing drive to both bogies
- All axle drive
- Electrical pickup from all wheels
- Separate metal bearings fitted to each axle
- Diecast metal chassis block and bogie towers
- Diecast metal gearboxes, with gearing arranged for prototypical running speeds and haulage capabilities
- 5mm (OO gauge) wheels to NEM310 & NEM311 standards with authentic profile and detailing
- Detachable coupling pockets to NEM362 standards fitted to each bogie
- Designed to operate on curves of second radius (438mm) or greater
- Bogies constructed from multiple components featuring full relief detail
- Rotating radiator fans, driven by an independent motor and gearbox, operated via a DCC function, or randomised when operated as part of the sound project on DCC and Analogue control (SOUND FITTED DELUXE models only)
- Tinted windscreen glazing (SOUND FITTED DELUXE models only)
- Separately applied metal detail parts, including grab handles, windscreen wipers and etched fan grilles
- Sprung metal buffers
- Each model supplied with a full set of decorated, model-specific bufferbeam pipework and accessory parts
- Directional lighting, switchable on/off at either end on DCC or Analogue control
- Cab lighting*, assigned to two DCC functions for separate switching of each
- Separately switched Engine Room lighting* (*when used on DCC)
- Authentic light colours and temperatures selected for each model based on era and application
- Plux22 DCC decoder interface
- Two quality speakers employed for optimum sound reproduction, fitted to every model as standard
- ESU Loksound V5DCC Sound Decoder fitted to SOUND FITTED and SOUND FITTED DELUXE versions
- Sound files produced specifically for the Bachmann Branchline Class 47 using recordings from real locomotives
- SOUND FITTED and SOUND FITTED DELUXE models operate on DCC and Analogue control as supplied. On Analogue, an authentic engine start up sequence, including the momentary dimming of all lights during engine start up, and running sounds are produced when power is applied
- Authentic liveries applied to all models
- Multiple paint applications employed on each model using BR specification colours
- Logos, numerals and text added as appropriate using multi-stage tampo printing using authentic typefaces, logos and colours
CLASS 47 HISTORY
Towards the end of the 1950s, British Railways began planning a new fleet of diesel locomotives and after investigating several prototypes, BR decided to place an order with Brush Engineering for 20 locomotives during February 1961. The resulting design became the iconic Brush Type 4 Diesel locomotive, a practical, versatile design with a very distinctive cab. Powered with a Sulzer engine and initially rated at 2,750hp, the locomotive could achieve a top speed of 75mph with a tractive effort of 55,000lb. Building commenced in January 1962 and the first locomotive No. D1500 appeared in late September of the same year with test runs on the London Midland Region and Western Region. The design was a success and BR went on to order a total of 512 with continuous production through to early 1967, forming the largest single class of main-line diesel locomotives in the UK.
During this time and subsequent years, several variations appeared with an increase in speed and tractive effort to 95mph and 62,000lb respectively. Originally fitted with four character train reporting head-codes, these changed to marker lights, with the addition of high intensity lights and roof aerials in the late 1980s. Other variations involved the fitting of different types of steam heating boiler for early BR coaching stock, later replaced with electric train heating for use with modern rolling stock. The numbering system started with four figures but changed to five with the introduction of the TOPS coding system which saw the locomotives classified as Class 47 Diesels with variations such as 47/0, 47/2, 47/3, 47/4 and 47/7. By the end of the 1990s, half of the Class 47 fleet had been withdrawn or scrapped, 33 have been converted into Class 57 locomotives and several have been preserved, including the original No. D1500, now numbered 47401.
Order before 11am, and your item will ship same day (Australia Only)
If your order is coming from more than one location:
We suggest you order with Standard Shipping rather than Express (this is due in part to transportation time between stores to get your order combined and sent from 1 location which will delay your "express" postage option).
NOTE - On large mail items (over 1 Metre) Large mail items over 1m will have a delay due to shipping via courier being needed.
Incorrect Delivery Info/Contact Details:
Hearns Hobbies is not held accountable for incorrect delivery / contact information entered in by the user at checkout. Please check your details are correct before submitting your order.
If you have entered your details incorrectly when you checked out,
please contact us via phone or direct message IMMEDIATELY.
At Hearns Hobbies, we are very efficient with processing orders (meaning your order may already be packed and sorted) so speedy notification is required to allow for immediate intervention in order to change your details.
For more information, or if you are buying Internationally? Feel free to read our Shipping Policy before ordering.
It is highly recommended by Hearns Hobbies to opt for additional
Insurance or "Extra Cover" to protect your delivery from possible damage or loss on the carriers part. If an item that is not insured is
lost / damaged during delivery / transit then the lost item compensation / refund is up to the discretion of the carrier.
Hearns Hobbies offers shipping with Insurance / "Extra Cover", however this option is not applied by default and is at the discretion of the buyer to select upon checkout. Standard shipping DOES NOT include insurance by default.
International Shipping Insurance:
International shipping by default does not come with insurance.
Please be aware of this before checking out. If you would like insurance please Contact Us beforehand so we can see what can be organised.
Hearns Hobbies IS NOT responsible for refunding or replacing a damaged/broken items with no insurance.
We CAN NOT ship any dangerous goods internationally, if you place an order for dengerous goods we will have to apply a restocking fee.
Read AUSPOSTS statement on Compensation on damaged goods: https://auspost.com.au/receiving/delayed-lost-or-damaged-items/compensation
Read more about Insurance and refunds on our Refund Policy page: https://www.hearnshobbies.com/policies/refund-policy
What are pre-orders? Pre-orders, are an order for a product placed before it is available for purchase.
What are back-orders? Back-Orders allow you to place an order for a product, that is temporarily out of stock.
How much are pre-orders / back-orders? Prices may vary slighlty (from what was paid on the day of the order). Whilst we try to maintain the lowest possible price, factors such as supplier price and exchange rate fluctuations, could affect the final price when we receive it in store.
Note: Pre-orders could in some cases be a deposit price, without any knowledge of a final price from the Supplier or Manufacturer. In all cases you will be notified if there is a significant price change, from what was originally paid, before shipping.
How long do I have to wait for my pre-order / back-order? All
orders will be shipped once stock has arrived and full payment has been made, with the exception of Manufacturer Release Dates on some Pre-order Products. Waiting time depends on many factors, which are mostly out of our control. They could be for example, Manufacturing delays (due to global pandemics), Supplier shortages, or shipping delays.
Why am I being charged for my pre-order/back-order, even though the product isn’t released/re-stocked yet? This
is pre-payment for an item's payment and delivery costs that isn’t released yet to ensure as soon as it arrives your order can be fulfilled and sent out to you a.s.a.p. Not all orders will be charged shipping depending on size, and total order amount (see our website for current shipping to find out more and our shipping policy for more information).
Read our full FAQ on Frequently Asked Questions page.
For detailed information on shipping of pre orders please read our Shipping Policy.
For detailed information on returns of pre orders please read our Returns Policy.